from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ornamental covering or harness for a horse; a caparison. Often used in the plural.
- n. Articles of dress or adornment, especially accessories.
- n. Characteristic or symbolic signs: all the trappings of power.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of trap.
- n. An instance of ensnaring something or someone.
- n. An ornamental covering or harness for a horse; caparison.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art. business, or method of a trapper, in any sense.
- n. In drainage: The process of furnishing with a trap or traps.
- n. Same as trap, 4; also, traps collectively.
- n. The cutting of a brilliant in the form known as trap-brilliant. See brilliant.
- n. The housing or harness of a horse, when somewhat ornamental in character; hence, external ornamentation, as of dress: generally in the plural.
- n. Synonyms Accoutrements, equipments, paraphernalia, gear, decorations, frippery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stable gear consisting of a decorated covering for a horse, especially (formerly) for a warhorse
The Olympic sized ice makes a difference as well, allowing a more open game and less trapping (though when you have a team of all stars trapping is less significant anyway).
Yes | No | Report from huntnow wrote 8 weeks 5 hours ago to quote myself from earlier this month, "the ancient art of trapping is vastly underrated".
Can't shoot them and trapping is useless and if you use the legal wayand hit them you can only hit them once or it's animal cruelty.
Thanks for the comments/advice guys, and Jim in Mo i agree with you that trapping is becoming an lost art but however I think that's what's wrong with our country today.
If you have any interest in trapping, it's a good deal.
My kids and I have no interest in trapping, so I got the hunting only junior licese for them.
Chilean President Sebastian Pinera has vowed a complete investigation into the accident that caused a cave-in trapping the 33 men in a deep section of the mine.
I was self taught in trapping and both helped alot.
Box 4.1 Sediment trapping is shortening the useful lifespan of dams 
The synthetics will quickly begin trapping your body's heat, and the nonbreathable rainwear will help keep it from escaping into the air.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.