from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of rap.
- n. action of the verb to rap
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The production of sound by a rap; specifically, the sound of significant raps or knocks supposed to be produced by spirits through the instrumentality of mediums or spirit-rappers; spirit-rapping.
- Remarkably large; of striking or astonishing size; “whopping.”
- n. The striking of a foundry pattern while withdrawing it from the mold, to release the grip of the sand and prevent the sand from slicking to it. The blows are struck on an iron bar which is inserted in the pattern for that purpose.
Sorry, no etymologies found.