from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of knock.
- n. An act in which something is knocked on, or the sound thus produced
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A beating; a rap; a series of raps.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of striking a door with the knuckles or with a knocker.
- n. plural The larger pieces of stone and ore as cut or blasted from the vein.
- n. plural A stone-masons' name for the smaller pieces knocked off in dressing stone.
- n. The cry of harehounds.
- n. The practice of persistent attack with ulterior motives. See knock, v. i., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing)
Sorry, no etymologies found.