from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of flock.
- n. The process of adding small particles to a surface for the sake of texture.
- n. A material textured in this way.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of removing flocks from a fabric. See flocking-machine.
- n. A collection of damaged or broken cotton fibers from the combing-needles of a cotton-combing machine. It is liable to be formed when the needles are imperfectly adjusted.
Sorry, no etymologies found.