from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of drain.
- adj. That drains
- n. the practice of exploring drains, tunnels, or sewers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. The art of carrying off surplus water, as from land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The drawing or running off of water, especially the artificial removal of water from land by surface or under-ground channels; drainage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a debilitating effect
Sorry, no etymologies found.