from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of removing.
- n. The fact of being removed.
- n. Relocation, as of a residence or business.
- n. Dismissal, as from office.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of moving, or the fact of being removed
- n. The relocation of a business etc
- n. The dismissal of someone from office
- n. a funeral ceremony involving prayers and meeting of the family, usually at the home of the deceased, and normally held on the evening prior to burial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of removing, or the state of being removed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of removing, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dismissal from office
- n. the act of removing
Seems like the port wine stain removal is akin to tatoo removal.
(IsraelNN. com) Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Sunday night that there was no indication from the Palestinian Authority (PA) that it was interested in peace talks, despite what he called the removal of security checkpoints in Judea and Samaria "at a pace that has not been done until now, which is noticeable in its effect on the Palestinian economy."
The XTension also includes a label removal feature that quickly strips the Nametag labels from the QuarkXPress document.
However, it appears that Congressional leaders are saying that the removal is “irreversible.”
The Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok has requested the video's removal from the website.
There will never ever be “clean coal” technology as long as mountain top removal is allowed.
Ward's removal is apparently tied to the fact that he is contractually obligated to deliver a "Hitman 2" script, but Sony, along with producer Avi Arad, wants "Uncharted" turned around quickly.
Rust removal is an enormous hassle, normally involving lots of elbow grease, steel wool, and sweat.
Exercise was never permitted, just a dark hole 24 hours a day, talking to fellow prisoners would, and did, result in removal and execution on two specific occasions I can remember.
Support for mountain top removal is just the latest in a long series of decisions that have harmed the people of West Virginia and kept them in poverty.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.