from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The killing of one person by another.
- n. A person who kills another person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The killing of one person by another, whether premeditated or unintentional.
- n. A person who kills another.
- n. A victim of homicide; a person who has been unlawfully killed by someone else.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The killing of one human being by another.
- n. One who kills another; a manslayer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who kills another; a manslayer.
- n. The killing of a human being by a human being.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the killing of a human being by another human being
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin homicīdium and homicīda : homō, man; see dhghem- in Indo-European roots + -cīdium and -cīda, -cide.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin homicīda ("man-slayer") and homicīdium ("manslaughter"). (Wiktionary)