from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shoot.
- n. An instance of shooting (a person) with a gun.
- n. The sport or activity of firing a gun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who, or that which, shoots
- n. A wounding or killing with a firearm; specifically (Sporting), the killing of game.
- n. A sensation of darting pain.
- adj. Of or pertaining to shooting; for shooting; darting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who shoots.
- n. Especially, at the present day, the killing of game with firearms; gunning.
- n. A right, purchased or conferred, to kill game with firearms, especially within certain limits.
- n. A district or defined tract of ground over which game is shot.
- n. A quick dart; a sudden and swift motion.
- n. A quick, glancing pain, often following the track of a nerve.
- n. In carpentry, the operation of planing the edge of a board straight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. killing someone by gunfire
- n. the act of firing a projectile
Sorry, no etymologies found.