from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of heave.
- adj. crowded with people
- n. An occasion on which something heaves or is heaved
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lifting or rising; a swell; a panting or deep sighing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Upheaval; swell; rising; panting; palpitation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of lifting something with great effort
- n. an upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling)
- n. breathing heavily (as after exertion)
- n. throwing something heavy (with great effort)
Sorry, no etymologies found.