American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not believing; doubting.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not believing; incredulous; skeptical; doubting.
- Infidel; discrediting divine revelation, or the mission, character, and doctrines of Christ: as, “the unbelieving Jews,”
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not believing; incredulous; doubting; distrusting; skeptical.
- adj. Believing that the thing alleged is not true; disbelieving; especially, believing that the Bible is not a divine revelation, or that Christ was not a divine or a supernatural person.
- adj. holding that only material phenomena can be known and knowledge of spiritual matters or ultimate causes is impossible
- adj. denying or questioning the tenets of especially a religion
- adj. rejecting any belief in gods
“Cain, in unbelieving self-righteousness, presented merely a thank offering, not like Abel feeling his need of the propitiatory sacrifice appointed on account of sin.”
“15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.”
“But if, as some that are without God, that is, the unbelieving, say, He became man in appearance [only], that He did not in reality take unto”
“But if, as some that are without God, that is, the unbelieving, say, that He only seemed to suffer (they themselves only seeming to exist), then why am I in bonds?”
“Through love she knew all his soul, and in his soul she saw what she wanted, and that such a state of soul should be called unbelieving was to her a matter of no account.”
“This the Gentiles have, and by this they shall be judged: As many as have sinned without law shall perish without law; that is, the unbelieving Gentiles, who had no other guide but natural conscience, no other motive but common mercies, and had not the law of”
“The gospel, which to those that believed was the savour of life unto life, to the unbelieving was the savour of death unto death.”
“It's like trying to hold an intelligent conversation with a proud member of the Hitler Youth right after fearless leader plowed under another 'unbelieving' country.”
“However, look what happened to Zimbabwe under Mugabe: when the very government is coopted and dismantled from within, the citizens find themselves in a kind of unbelieving stupor.”
“They are emphatic rejection of the "unbelieving" and materialistic”
Looking for tweets for unbelieving.