from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not believing; doubting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That does not believe; incredulous, skeptical
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not believing; incredulous; doubting; distrusting; skeptical.
- adj. Believing that the thing alleged is not true; disbelieving; especially, believing that the Bible is not a divine revelation, or that Christ was not a divine or a supernatural person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not believing; incredulous; skeptical; doubting.
- Infidel; discrediting divine revelation, or the mission, character, and doctrines of Christ: as, “the unbelieving Jews,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. holding that only material phenomena can be known and knowledge of spiritual matters or ultimate causes is impossible
- adj. denying or questioning the tenets of especially a religion
- adj. rejecting any belief in gods
Sorry, no etymologies found.