from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling, expressing, or caused by anguish: anguished victims of the earthquake; anguished screams for help.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of anguish.
- adj. Experiencing extreme discomfort or discontent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. suffering anguish; experiencing extreme pain, distress, or anxiety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affected by anguish; expressing or caused by anguish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. experiencing intense pain especially mental pain
Sorry, no etymologies found.