from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dully painful.
- adj. Full of painful yearning or sorrow: an aching heart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of ache.
- adj. That aches; continuously painful. See ache
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That aches; continuously painful. See ache.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Enduring or causing pain; painful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain
- adj. causing a dull and steady pain
Sorry, no etymologies found.