from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong persistent yearning or desire, especially one that cannot be fulfilled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of long.
- n. An earnest and deep, not greatly passionate, but rather melancholic desire.
- n. The buying of a financial instrument with the expectation that its value will rise
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An eager desire; a craving; a morbid appetite; an earnest wish; an aspiration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An eager desire; an earnest wish or craving.
- n. Specifically, in pathology, one of the peculiar and often whimsical desires experienced by pregnant women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. prolonged unfulfilled desire or need
Sorry, no etymologies found.