from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A consuming desire; a yearning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong desire; yearning
- v. Present participle of crave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Vehement or urgent desire; longing for; beseeching.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Vehement or urgent desire or longing; appetite; yearning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an intense desire for some particular thing
From Middle English cravinge, from Old English crafing ("claim, demand"), equivalent to crave + -ing. (Wiktionary)
From crave. (Wiktionary)