from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A persistent, often wistful or melancholy desire; a longing: a yearning for romance and adventure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wistful or melancholy longing.
- n. rennet
- v. Present participle of yearn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The feeling of one who yearns; a strong feeling of tenderness, pity, or longing desire.
- n. Rennet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. prolonged unfulfilled desire or need
Sorry, no etymologies found.