from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One's beloved; a sweetheart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is truly beloved; a true love.
- n. A plant, Paris quadrifolia.
- n. An unexplained word occurring in Chaucer, possibly an aromatic sweetmeat for sweetening the breath.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One really beloved.
- n. A plant. See Paris.
- n. An unexplained word occurring in Chaucer, meaning, perhaps, an aromatic sweetmeat for sweetening the breath.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One truly loved or loving; one whose love is pledged to another; a sweetheart.
- n. A plant of Europe and temperate Asia, Paris quadrifolia: so named because its four leaves are set together in the form of a heraldic true-love knot. Also herb-truelove. See herb-paris and Paris.
- n. A condiment for sweetening the breath.
- n. An ornament, probably shaped like a true-love knot.
- Indicating genuine love; affectionate; sincere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person loved by another person
true + love (Wiktionary)