from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman or girl who is someone's sweetheart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman who is loved by someone; an object of desire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sweetheart or mistress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female sweetheart; a woman who is loved.
- n. Love for a lady; romantic love.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who is a man's sweetheart
Sorry, no etymologies found.