from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A double star in Auriga, the brightest star in the constellation, approximately 46 light-years from Earth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. : A bright double star in the constellation Auriga; Alpha (α) Aurigae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A brilliant star in the constellation Auriga.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A star, the fifth in the heavens in order of brightness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the brightest star in Auriga
- n. snipes
Latin, diminutive of caper, goat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin capella, "she-goat" or "kid" (Wiktionary)