from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The place of business of a barber.
- adj. Of, consisting of, or relating to the performance of sentimental songs for unaccompanied, usually male voices in four-part harmony: a barbershop quartet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The place of business of a barber; a store where a person (usually a man) can go to get a haircut.
- n. A style of a capella vocal music, sung in four-part harmony, typically by a quartet of men.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a shop where a barber works, especially one where men can get their hair cut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shop where men can get their hair cut
Compound of barber + shop. (Wiktionary)