from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An inhabitant or a settler of the plains, especially of the prairie regions of the United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A native, inhabitant or settler of a plains region, but especially of the United States prairies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who lives in the plains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dweller on the plains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inhabitant of a plains region (especially the Great Plains of North America)
Sorry, no etymologies found.