from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who explores an area for mineral deposits or oil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who explores or prospects an area in search of mineral deposits, such as gold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who prospects; especially, one who explores a region for minerals and precious metals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mining, one who explores or searches for valuable minerals or ores of any kind as preliminary to regular or continuous operations. Compare fossicker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who explores an area for mineral deposits
Sorry, no etymologies found.