from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who lives on the frontier.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who lives on the borders of a country, or in a wild and undeveloped area on the fringes of civilization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man living on the frontier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who settles on the frontier or borders of a country, or beyond the limits of a settled or civilized region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who lives on the frontier
From frontiers + man. (Wiktionary)