from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is acclimated to living in a forest area that is far removed from civilization or modern conveniences.
- n. An uncivilized person.
- n. A Peer who is seldom present in the House of Lords of the United Kingdom Parliament, who may be encouraged to attend when a very important vote is expected.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man living in the forest in or beyond the new settlements, especially on the western frontiers of the United States in former times.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of the backwoods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who lives on the frontier
backwoods + man (Wiktionary)