from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The master or a crew member of a barge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the crew of a barge.
- n. A barge owner, maintainer, or captain of a barge.
- n. A nickname for a large white maggot, that frequently infested ship's biscuits; most likely a larva of the cadelle beetle, Tenebroides mauritanicus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The man who manages a barge, or one of the crew of a barge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man employed on a barge; an oarsman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who operates a barge
Sorry, no etymologies found.