from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Persons of good family and relatively high station.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. People of superior social position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Persons of gentle or good family and breeding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Persons of good breeding and family: a collective noun, with plural sense, and now generally with plural termination, gentlefolks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. people of good family and breeding and high social status
Sorry, no etymologies found.