from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who goes through a region soliciting votes in an election, or conducting a public opinion poll
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who canvasses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who solicits votes, mercantile orders, etc.
- n. One who examines the returns of votes cast for a public officer; a scrutineer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who examines votes at an election
- n. a petitioner who solicits contributions or trade or votes
- n. a person who takes or counts votes
- n. someone who conducts surveys of public opinion
canvass + -er (Wiktionary)