from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of fight.
- adj. engaged in war or other conflict
- adj. apt to provoke a fight
- n. A fight or battle; an occasion on which people fight
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Qualified for war; fit for battle.
- adj. Occupied in war; being the scene of a battle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of engaging in combat or battle; a battle or contest.
- Qualified or trained to fight; fit to fight: as, fighting armies.
- Of or pertaining to battle; characteristic of a disposition to fight.
- Occupied in war; being the scene of war: as, a fighting field.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
- n. the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
Sorry, no etymologies found.