from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being at war or being engaged in a warlike conflict.
- n. Belligerence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being at war or in an armed conflict
- n. hostile or aggressive behaviour
- n. the willingness to fight; belligerence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Position or status as a belligerent; the state of being actually engaged in war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fighting; acts of overt warfare
- n. hostile or warlike attitude or nature
Sorry, no etymologies found.