American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hostile or warlike attitude, nature, or inclination; belligerency.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of carrying on war; warfare.
- n. a state of being belligerent
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being belligerent.
- n. the act or state of being engaged in war or a warlike conflict; warfare.
- n. an aggressively hostile or warlike attitude or nature; a readiness to fight or offend, with little or no provocation.
- n. hostile or warlike attitude or nature
- n. a natural disposition to be hostile
“Christopher Hitchens, whose belligerence is barely tolerable even though he's almost always right, covers the Iowa caucus scam ably in Slate:”
“That the chorus was often accompanied by belligerence is also noteworthy.”
“And upping the ante of belligerence is a foolâ€ ™ s gamble.”
“April 2, 2010, 9: 43 am yankev says: orca: So if Obama agrees with Gen. Petraeus that Israel’s belligerence is endangering American security he would have the right to seize Jerusalem by force to settle the matter?”
“So if Obama agrees with Gen. Petraeus that Israel’s belligerence is endangering American security he would have the right to seize Jerusalem by force to settle the matter?”
“After all, he was suspended from Princeton and has a reputation for entitled belligerence when drinking.”
“Crowley has to consider the possibility that the belligerence might be a sign that the unidentified person is running on adrenaline because the unidentified person was caught in mid-crime.”
“The irony is that, beneath that overweening campaign to contain Russian belligerence, American officials are still seething at Saakashvili.”
“It is that kind of belligerence that gives all of us a bad name and perpetuates the sentiment among whites that they don't want to be anywhere near us.”
“Few reporters, if any, could get away with the kind of belligerence that Thomas displayed toward presidents and press secretaries on a regular basis.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘belligerence’.
most vocab in the textbook Page till end chapter 2.
Taisha GRE Bible
New words off newspapers, books, etc. which are worth knowing
These are words that I've added.
Looking for tweets for belligerence.