from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hostile or warlike attitude, nature, or inclination; belligerency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a state of being belligerent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being belligerent.
- n. the act or state of being engaged in war or a warlike conflict; warfare.
- n. an aggressively hostile or warlike attitude or nature; a readiness to fight or offend, with little or no provocation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of carrying on war; warfare.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hostile or warlike attitude or nature
- n. a natural disposition to be hostile
Sorry, no etymologies found.