from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Disagreement, as of opinion or belief; dissent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being dissident; dissent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Disagreement; dissent; separation from the established religion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Difference or separation in opinion; disagreement; dissent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disagreement; especially disagreement with the government
Sorry, no etymologies found.