from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of unity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The lack of unity or cohesion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A state of separation or disunion; want of unity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want of unity; a state of separation.
- n. The absence of unity of feelings or interests; want of concord.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lack of unity (usually resulting from dissension)
dis- + unity (Wiktionary)