from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or an instance of disagreement; discord.
- n. Genetics The presence of a given genetic trait in only one member of a pair of identical twins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of discord.
- n. Lack of harmony; dissonance.
- n. The presence of a specific genetic trait in only one of a set of clones (or identical twins).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State or quality of being discordant; disagreement; inconsistency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being discordant; disagreement; opposition; inconsistency.
- n. Discord of sound.
- n. In geology, a lack of parallelism or complete conformity in associated strata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a harsh mixture of sounds
- n. strife resulting from a lack of agreement
Sorry, no etymologies found.