from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being disunited; separation.
- n. Lack of unity; discord.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. separation of a union
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The termination of union; separation; disjunction.
- n. A breach of concord and its effect; alienation.
- n. The termination or disruption of the union of the States forming the United States.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Severance of union; separation; disjunction; rupture.
- n. A breach of amity; rupture of union in feeling or opinion; contentious disagreement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the termination or destruction of union
Sorry, no etymologies found.