from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A failure to understand or interpret correctly.
- n. A disagreement or quarrel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mistake as to the meaning of something; erroneous interpretation; misconception.
- n. A disagreement; difference of opinion; dissension; quarrel.
- v. Present participle of misunderstand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mistake of the meaning; error; misconception.
- n. Disagreement; difference of opinion; dissension; quarrel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Mistake as to the meaning of something; misconception; erroneous interpretation.
- n. A disagreement; difference; dissension; quarrel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an understanding of something that is not correct
- n. putting the wrong interpretation on
Sorry, no etymologies found.