from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pattern of band-like markings.
- n. A technique used in the study of wild birds, by attaching a small, individually numbered, metal or plastic tag to their legs or wings.
- v. Present participle of band.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strip or stripe of a contrasting color or material.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an adornment consisting of a strip of a contrasting color or material
- n. a stripe or stripes of contrasting color
Sorry, no etymologies found.