from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An error in printing or writing, especially such an error noted in a list of corrections and bound into a book.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An error, especially one in a printed work.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An error or mistake in writing or printing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An error or mistake in writing or printing. The list of the errata of a book is usually printed at the beginning or end, with references to the pages and lines in which they occur.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mistake in printed matter resulting from mechanical failures of some kind
Latin errātum, from neuter past participle of errāre, to stray; see ers- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)