from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mistaken thought, idea, or notion; a misunderstanding: had many misconceptions about the new tax program.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a mistaken belief, a wrong idea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Erroneous conception; false opinion; wrong understanding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Erroneous conception; false opinion; misunderstanding.
- n. Synonyms Misunderstanding, misapprehension, mistake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an incorrect conception
misconceive + -tion (Wiktionary)