from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being blind; unable to see.
- n. Want of intellectual or moral discernment; mental darkness; ignorance, heedlessness.
- n. concealment
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State or condition of being blind, literally or figuratively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being blind. Want of sight.
- n. Want of intellectual discernment; mental darkness; ignorance; heedlessness.
- n. Concealment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being blind or lacking sight
From Middle English blindnes, from Old English blindnysse; morphologically as if blind + -ness. (Wiktionary)