from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being deaf; the lack or loss of the ability to hear.
- n. Lack of knowledge or refusal to admit a particular problem, issue, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Incapacity of perceiving sounds; the state of the organs which prevents the impression which constitute hearing; want of the sense of hearing.
- n. Unwillingness to hear; voluntary rejection of what is addressed to the understanding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Incapacity of perceiving or distinguishing sounds, in consequence of the impairment of the organs of hearing; that state of the organs which prevents the reception of the impressions that constitute hearing; want of the sense of hearing.
- n. Unwillingness to hear; voluntary rejection of what is addressed to the ear or to the understanding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. partial or complete loss of hearing
From deaf + -ness. (Wiktionary)