American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Extreme folly or stupidity.
- n. A foolish or stupid utterance or deed.
- n. Psychology The state or condition of being an idiot; profound mental retardation.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being an idiot; natural absence or marked defect of understanding; mental imbecility. See idiot.
- n. psychology The state or condition of being an idiot; the quality of having an intelligence level far below average; mental retardation.
- n. An act lacking intelligence or sense; an instance of senselessness; extremely foolish behaviour.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The condition or quality of being an idiot; absence, or marked deficiency, of sense and intelligence.
- n. extreme mental retardation
- Could be from Ancient Greek ἰδιωτεία (idioteia), or perhaps simply from idiot + -cy. (Wiktionary)
- From idiot. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Dobbs defending the incredibly stupid birther idiocy is the topic.”
“All of this idiocy is a major reason why I moved out of the state in June.”
“But that, of course, you term idiocy -- and maybe it is.”
“Mexico border fence, which he calls "idiocy," instead wants more border agents.”
“Glad to know that the guys on the ground can ignore some of the idiocy from the carpet zone. on April 3, 2010 at 10: 48 am Serpico”
“The list of Sanchez's idiocy is tedious to tell and harsh to hear, to paraphrase the Bard.”
“All this is not cheap, but your rifle will ...... get there (you can track its progress) for sure and the airlines will not get $25, and you will be spared whatever check-in idiocy the airports have in store.”
“It's like the producers inject them all with sodium penthol and by 2 a.m., their idiocy is out there for the world to see.”
“More delusional idiocy from the proven liar and incredibly stupid dhunt.”
“PSLGOPL, readers recall, said he was excited to watch MSNBC report the Democratic bloodbath on Election Day, since it's "like the producers inject them all with sodium penthol [sic] and by 2 a.m., their idiocy is out there for the world to see.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘idiocy’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
words describing people or things that just aren't very intelligent
A wise man once said: Threats are the last resort of a man with no vocabulary.
Words that either have the meaning of "nonsense" or themselves are nonsensical.
Looking for tweets for idiocy.