from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Foolish behavior or speech.
- n. An instance of foolish behavior or speech; a jest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Foolish behaviour or speech.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The practice of folly; the behavior of a fool; absurdity.
- n. An act of folly or weakness; a foolish practice; something absurd or nonsensical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The habit of acting foolishly; habitual folly; attention to trifles.
- n. An act of folly; a trifling or senseless action.
- n. A foolish performance; a farcical exhibition; a mummery; a farce.
- n. A foolish belief or practice; anything based on fatuity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. foolish or senseless behavior
fool + -ery (Wiktionary)