from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A return to formerly enjoyed status or prosperity: The film star made an unexpected comeback.
- n. A return to popularity: Wide ties are making a comeback this year.
- n. The act of making up a deficit, as in a contest or game.
- n. A reply, especially a quick witty one; a retort.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A return (e.g. to popularity, success, etc.).
- n. A retort or answer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. return by a celebrity to some previously successful activity
- n. a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
Sorry, no etymologies found.