from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Violent response to an act of harm or perceived injustice.
- n. An act of violent response
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of retaliating, or of returning like for like; retribution; now, specifically, the return of evil for evil; e.g., an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of retaliating; the return of like for like; the doing of that to another which he has done to us; especially (now usually), requital of evil; reprisal; revenge.
- n. Synonyms Retribution, Reprisal, etc. See revenge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. action taken in return for an injury or offense
Sorry, no etymologies found.