from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of retaliation; a counterattack
- n. Any action in opposition to a previous action.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Action in opposition; hindrance resistance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Action in opposition; hindrance; resistance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. action intended to nullify the effects of some previous action
Sorry, no etymologies found.