from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A habitual attitude of skepticism or resistance to the suggestions, orders, or instructions of others.
- n. Behavior characterized by persistent refusal, without apparent or logical reasons, to act on or carry out suggestions, orders, or instructions of others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A persistent pessimistic or skeptical attitude.
- n. A stubborn tendency to do the opposite of what one is asked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The stand-point assumed, or the views held, by a negationist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. characterized by habitual skepticism and a disagreeable tendency to deny or oppose or resist suggestions or commands
Sorry, no etymologies found.