from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The status of a territory.
- n. A behavior pattern in animals consisting of the occupation and defense of a territory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fact or legal status of being a territory.
- n. The pattern of behaviour in animals that defines and defends a territory.
- n. A pattern of human behaviour characterised by defence of a particular territory or area of interest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pattern of behavior characterized by the marking and defense of a home territory, exhibited by certain male animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Possession and control of territory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the behavior of a male animal that defines and defends its territory
From territorial + -ity. (Wiktionary)