from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being gloomy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State of being gloomy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition or quality of being gloomy; obscurity; darkness; dismalness; dejection; sullenness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of melancholy apprehension
- n. an atmosphere of depression and melancholy
- n. the quality of excessive mournfulness and uncheerfulness
Sorry, no etymologies found.