from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being somber.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being somber; gloominess.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Somber character, appearance, or state; darkness; gloominess.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a manner that is serious and solemn
- n. a feeling of melancholy apprehension
- n. a state of partial or total darkness
From somber + -ness (Wiktionary)