from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tray or rack for pens and bottles of ink.
- n. See inkwell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small tray containing pens and an inkwell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small vessel for holding ink, to dip the pen into; also, a device for holding ink and writing materials.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small cup-like receptacle, with or without a cover, for holding the ink used in writing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tray or stand for writing implements and containers for ink
- n. a small well holding writing ink into which a pen can be dipped
Sorry, no etymologies found.