American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act, process, or practice of rationalizing.
- n. An instance of rationalizing.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rationalizing; a making rational or intelligible; subjection to rational tests or principles.
- n. In algebra, the process of clearing an equation from radical signs. Also spelled rationalisation.
- n. The process, or result of rationalizing.
- n. A statement of one's motives, or of the causes of some event.
- n. A reorganization of a company or organization in order to improve its efficiency.
- n. psychiatry The concealment of true motivation in some non-threatening way.
- n. mathematics The simplification of an expression without changing its value.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or process of rationalizing.
- n. (mathematics) the simplification of an expression or equation by eliminating radicals without changing the value of the expression or the roots of the equation
- n. the organization of a business according to scientific principles of management in order to increase efficiency
- n. (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your true motivation is concealed by explaining your actions and feelings in a way that is not threatening
- n. systematic organization; the act of organizing something according to a system or a rationale
- n. the cognitive process of making something seem consistent with or based on reason
“Your rationalization is akin to a wife beater excusing his behavior because they were abused as a child.”
“What disturbs me about this kind of rationalization is that it ignores the simple fact that handing over prisoners to an authority that is known to practice torture is a violation of the Geneva Conventions and is therefore A WAR CRIME.”
“Now you come back and sayâ€ ™ I am not Frenchâ€ ™; what kind of rationalization is that.”
“As a libertarian a huge amount of internal rationalization is needed for why the certain areas of government * you* find acceptable should be the entire scope of government.”
““Watering the seeds of self defeating thought with rationalization is how mediocrity blossoms but allowing your branches to live in the light of the truth is how the fruit of your love will bare.””
“Even if their rationalization is that Bush and national Republican Party aren't true conservatives.”
“This time around I had to submit to a drug screen as well as lifting at least 60 lbs …. the rationalization is I need to be able to lift my patients with assistance.”
“But a difference in the style of rationalization is not superficial.”
“And this specialization, of course, also has resulted in rationalization of the world's resource business.”
“And the process of rationalization is accelerating around the world.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rationalization’.
Use these and get promoted
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Ever think you were just like everyone else? Anything like anyone? Maybe even a little Average?
What if it Was just all in your head... . .
Looking for tweets for rationalization.